Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Finger Lakes

The plan was: two days, the boyfriend, the in laws (ok, not officially, but you get the point), one car, and 20 or so wineries or vineyards. It is no secret that I am quite the lightweight, so about 4 wineries in I was ready for bed, and at about 7 p.m., I was passed it in our hotel room. We left at 7:30 a.m. - yes that means I had to get up at 5:30- in order to make it to our first stop on Keuka Lake just in time for the tasting room to open...



Bully Hill was our first stop and probably my favorite - sweet wines and a funny presentation. There was no wine snobbery just a couple of old guys making jokes about getting girls drunk and taking advantage of them. Overall, a good time.



















Also, we got this wonderful picture. I finally know
what it is like to be blond... and have boobs








I love this picture so very much... this was about the time that JJC's mom insisted on taking "engagement pictures," to which I inevitably yelled, "Minus the engagement, Sue!" while shooting JJC an evil look. It was hilarious and depressing at the same time. She insisted that they were still good if we got engaged within the month. I very much appreciate her excitement and that she thought that was possible - clearly it was not.
(Still love him though, to the moon.)

Here are a few more pictures that I like...
Sue and Cuff at Bully Hill. Cuff was already sick of my picture taking, but he got used to it.

Keuka Lake

I would for sure use this as an engagement picture. Good job, Sue!






Eventually I will learn to make those cool picture collages that I see everyone using.
For now, you will get a row of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment