Friday, November 5, 2010

At this time last year...

I mentioned in my very first post that I've been reading a lot of blogs lately. I read one, which links to another one, which then points me in the direction of another wonderful blog. I love it. I get to meet strangers and they inspire me from different corners of the globe. A lot of the blogs I read are written by Mamas who often speak of what was happening in their lives at this time last year. They tell stories of their baby starting to kick, or discovering the pain of giving birth to a child with Down Syndrome with no warning.

In my life, a year ago at this time, I fell... hard. Yes, like the head over heels in love kind of falling. I can't quite explain how it happened - friends and family insisting that they had my perfect match, but there was a catch - he was on the other side of the world, Afghanistan to be exact. It all started with a message here and there to appease everyone's pleas for us to talk. Then it turned in to running home from work to check for a new message. Then came the late nights - I stayed up until midnight and John would head to a computer when he woke up and we would chat until 2, 3 sometimes 4 in the morning. I laughed out loud. He told me he missed me. He told me he couldn't wait to hug me and I told him that I could eat as much as he could - huge mistake. Our life together has changed so much - first of all, we met. Then we started our relationship long distance. Then we shacked up. He drives me crazy and he makes me happy. I love him.

There is the once promised, too much information, too gushy for public to post... post. I couldn't help myself. Here are some fun pictures to go along!

A few days after we met in real life. I was sold - and skinny!




Just a couple of tourists being in love...


Fourth of July

I'm so very happy that JJC popped into my life. He made me laugh and feel at ease and he loved me, like really loved me, and a year later, he still does. A small miracle. I still think about our late night chats, or our first meeting and get all fluttery and giddy. Or sometimes I just look at him - it has the same effect. Ok, no more sap... thanks for letting me sicken you with all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment