Saturday, August 14, 2010

I tried my very best!

One of my favorite quotes is, "What my baby wants, my baby gets." Fortunately I hear it all the time from JJC, well now that I think about it, it has been a little while. When my baby asked for a cake, he got one... kind of.

This is the mess that I created tonight.

I really consider myself a decent cook - until someone gives me a recipe. It sends me into an absolute panic, and my poor mother has to suffer because of it. I call her every 5 minutes with "What the beep is the difference between stirring and folding" or "How the beep do I know if this jello packet is 3 ounces or 6?" Obviously there are plenty of beeps involved. Apparently all of my beeps and rage mix with sugar and flour just swirl around and turn into a tornado, that is the only explanation I have for the way my kitchen looks after I cook. Luckily, JJC's cake request coincided with my recent obsession with baking a cake and putting it on a cake stand, that worked out really well too. It is now covered in icing and I'm guessing will never be used again, but it's cute!

Here is my cake journey...

At this point I hadn't messed anything up, but I had called my mom 3 times...

The rage and sugar tornado came quickly

At this point I thought we were going to do alright. I was so naive.

Finally, this is what we got! Now my fingers are crossed that it tastes A LOT better than it looks.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I burned the cake and had to cut off the edges because they were brown and chewy... just the icing on the cake! Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment